Magic truffles can alter you perception of reality.should be taken only when over 18 years old (we recommend 21 years and older). This page is not to promote the use of magic truffles or to engage in illegal activities. The information is solely for informational purposes. Since there is a lot of incorrect information on the web, we try and make things clear. Obtaining and consuming magic truffles is on your own risk. No rights can be derived from this information.
Always plan your magic truffles trip a few days ahead. This is not a party drug. There are certain precautions that you should take especially when you have never had an experience with the psychedelic truffles.
Preparation before using magic truffles
- The official minimum age for a person to use magic truffles is 18 years. We recommend that this ages is changed to 21 years and older.
- Magic truffles should only be consumed when you are in good mental health. There should be no signs of despression or stress. In case of doubt, don't do it.
- You are in good physical health and you have no bacterial and/or viral infections like the common cold or the flu.
- Do not use magic truffles all by yourself and preferably with a person that has experience with this kind of substance.
Food and drinks
- There has to be plenty of drinking water for everyone.
- Direct access to sugar containing drinks (dextrose) is highly recommended. In case you want to calm down the effects; this is what you should take.
- When taken on an empty stomach, magic truffles will have the best and quickest effect. Consume magic truffles at least 2.5 hours after your last meal. You can expect the effects to start within 20 to 60 minutes, depending on the rate of your metabolism.
- A portion of the magic truffles starts from 5 grams. This is a beginners portion, generally without visual effects. Taking more than 5 grams is only for those who have tried truffles several times before.
Surroundings and people
- Only take truffles in company of others. This person or these persons should be people you feel comfortable with. Do not do this with strangers.
- Take magic truffles because you wánt to take them and not because other people convince you to have them (peer pressure).
- When you are scared of the potential effects, DO NOT TAKE MAGIC TRUFFLES!
- Make sure that one or more people in your company will be the so called ‘sitters’. This means that they will stay clear from taking magic truffles and oher substances. In case someone will need attention the sitter(s) can take care of them.
- Keep the next 24 hours free from appointments. Take your time for magic truffles. Just the idea that you will have to meet your parents soon; or that you have a job interview will stress you and potentioally takes the beauty out of your trip.
- Switch off your phone. Most people will not be able to react rationally in case they will be confronted with bad or good news. Some also switch off the doorbell so they won’t be disturbed.
- Take magic truffles in a quiet environment. Being in nature or perhaps indoors is advisable. Magic truffles are no party drugs. Festivals and concert halls are not good places to do them.
- Make sure you know how to be able to contact the local emergency services when it is necessary.
- NEVER take magic truffles in combination with other drugs. Especially not with alcohol.
During the trip
Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. How nice the effects of truffles can be, your body recognizes the active ingredients as toxins. Your body needs water to remove these chemicals from your system. Caution: Do not think that if you do not drink water that the effects will last longer or will be intensified. Your body will just take water from other places in your system because the removal of this toxin will be a priority. The consequence is that you will dehydrate and this can be very dangerous.
Do not use alcohol or other drugs before, during or after your trip. This is so important that we repeat this statement. One of the effects of magic truffles is that your mind jumps from one thought to the other in high speed. Alcohol slows down your reaction speed and will be responsible for your thoughts to start running in loops. This is extremely unpleasant and can easily cause a bad trip. Also, when using alcohol you will dehydrate easily.
Go to where the magic truffles will bring you. The effects of magic truffles can be mind-blowing. This means that your senses work on a higher frequency when intoxicated. You will have experiences that you would normally not see or realize. These visions are often enigmatic and are not always what they seem. The beauty lies in puzzles. This can by frightening at times, but just go with it and don't try to fight it. Blocking will work against you.
What makes people different depends greatly on their background. No person is alike and it is the same with their needs when they are tripping. Some love to chat, others prefer to be silent. One wants to make love, while another doesn’t even want to be touched at all. It is good to be able to communicate about this at forehand and you will now understand the importance of surrounding yourself with people you like and trust.
The effects of magic truffles come and go in waves. This is also noticeable in how one undergoes the strength of the trip. It can happen at a certain point in your trip that it might feel that the effects are fading. Do not eat more magic truffles to increase the effects again! After only a few minutes you will find the effects to increase again without having to do anything.
In case of a bad trip
When you take our advice to heart, the chances of “going bad” are greatly minimized. However, it might occur that a person in your group didn’t follow our rules so strictly. When a person will have a bad trip you will notice it. This person will start reacting very anxiously, extremely paranoid or sometimes even hysterical or violent. Here is some advice on how to deal with this situation. It is best that the person that is sober (the sitter) will take care of this person.
- Never lose the person out of sight, for he or she can suddenly try to take off. This person should never be and feel left alone.
- Seek a quiet place where this person can sit or lie down. Have him or her focus on breathing calmly.
- Give the person sweet things to drink and perhaps to eat as well. After a few minutes the effects of the magic truffles will slowly start to get milder.
- A bad trip generally last just as long as a regular trip. For the person in question it might feel that it will never pass. Comfort lies in convincing them it will all be soon over. Again, having them to take sweet beverages will help to decrease the length of the trip.
- When you think after a while that you have done the best you can do and this person is getting unmanageable you will need to get in contact with the emergency services. In Europe this number is 112. In the United States it is 911. Always be completely honest to the services in what is happening to the victim and what this person took as intoxicants.
For more information you can call (anonymously) the drugs information desk. They are available 24/7 (in the Netherlands) on 0900-1995 (€ 0.10 p/min)